In 2009 I posted a note in Facebook that explains a lot about me:
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
PLEASE DO IT, I LOVE GETTING THESE
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. My family is the most important thing to me…Making them happy (between my mental breakdowns) is what helps me sleep at night.
2. If you are truly my friend I will do ANYTHING for you. Cry with you, cry for you, and definately kick someone’s ass for you.
3. My biggest fears are losing a child, my parents getting old (getting old in general), dying, not being with my husband FOREVER, spiders, snakes, and mice. Oh and of course, turning 30.
4. I HATE HATE HATE being referred to by the color of my hair (wherever that hair may be). If you know me even a little you know at least this about me.
5. I have a weakness for cheeseburgers, peanut M&M’s, little girls in pink dresses (boo hoo), and pretty much any furry mammal.
6. I think all living creatures have feelings. Hence I have a hard time killing flies.
7. If I could go back and do it all over again I would say “absolutely not” unless I could take all of my experiences back with me. I love being an independent adult.
8. I love being a nurse. It truly is a rewarding experience. My favorite patients to take care of are the ones that are dying. Sad as that may sound, my niche is making the family of a dying patient get the best experience out of it. Some may say that makes me a cold person (I know because when my grandma was dying I was told that to my face and I will never forget it) The families of those dying patients would say it makes me (and all of those who do it day to day) a truly special person. I say it’s a little of both, but it still hurts to be labelled as “cold”
9. My favorite thing to do is go camping with my hubby, kids, and dogs. I would live in my camper all summer if Alcona Park was close to the hospital.
10. I am my mother with the stubbornness of my father.
11. I cry at everything these days. I cried three times during Private Practice last week. Seriously…It’s not real!
12. When I was a kid I was scared to death of disappointing my parents. Even though I did some bad things, when I was doing them all I was thinking of was oh my GOD what would my mom and dad think.
13. Time consumes me. Everything I do on a daily basis revolves around how much time I have before the next thing I have to do and not being late.
14. Every time I go out or throw a party I get a stomach ache because I am so nervous about being on time and making sure everyone else has a good time.
15. I hated Gabriel Richard High School
16. I bite my lips until they bleed. When I am nervous I scratch my neck until my skin is raw.
17. Since I’ve had children I have always thought that I have a calling.. I want and will be a foster mom someday
18. It makes me sad that I may never have a daughter to share girlie things with. I cry about it often.
19. If I could change careers at the drop of a dime I would go back to my original plan of marine biology..I have always wanted to work with killer whales. Working at an aquariam with rescued marine animals would be the best job ever.
20. When the kids are off to college (and yes they will be) I want to sell this house, move up north in a small cabin in the middle of nowhere, buy a huge RV and travel the world in it all winter.
21. I always think everyone is staring at me and making fun of my pale skin and crooked teeth.
22. I think I have the best family ever! The Corey family is like no other!
23. My husband says that in an emergency, a true friend would drop everything they were doing, without hesitation, and come get you even in you were halfway across the world. Do I have one of those…Maybe
24. I am addicted to FB, which I know is super cheesy. I love reading everyone else’s status. It makes me feel like I have somewhat of a life knowing what everyone else is doing. Pathetic huh?
25. When I was a kid I probably had a cruch on every boy in school for at least one hour…until I moved on to someone else.